- Matte red crackers with sheer fabric middles adorned with gold glitter swirls – finished with gold glitter tips and glitter ribbons.
- Each of these crackers have a selection of party hats, jokes, quiz and a different coloured wine charm (glass marker) – very classy.
- Robin Reed is the premier manufacturer of traditional handmade English Christmas crackers.
- Set of 8 crackers comes in a gift box.
- Perfect for a special Christmas dinner or party.
On the additional image shown are other designs. Each sold separately in different listings.
THE TRADITION OF ENGLISH FESTIVE AND PARTY CRACKERS
Party crackers are a British tradition dating back to Victorian times when a confectioner started selling sugared almonds, each with a motto and wrapped in a twisted paper package, as love tokens.
One day a jet of resin from the confectioners log fire burst into flame with a loud ‘crack’. Using this idea he decided to make a log shaped package that would produce a surprise bang and inside would be an almond and a motto.
It soon became a firm favourite at parties with toys, hats and jokes added to each ‘cracker’.
By the end of the century it was well established as a traditional holiday custom and now each year virtually every household in the UK
In recent years crackers have become essential ice breakers at all types of parties, dinner parties, weddings and celebrations. Place one at each place setting for decoration and then pull it open with a friend and share the fun !
About Robin Reed:
Robin Reed has been manufacturing quality Christmas and party crackers since 1975 – making it the oldest established Christmas cracker company in the UK. All of our crackers are carefully made by hand using traditional methods and materials to give a quality finish – fabrics, ribbons, embellishments, glitter and lush bows are all part of what makes Robin Reed crackers special.